Florida has the fourth-largest economy in the United States, yet currently ranks 49th in Medicaid spending to provide services for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities. Such services, including personal care, are critical for the survival of thousands of Floridians.
What's Important to Know
We urge for changes that will provide consistent funding to keep people in their homes and communities.
Preserve the iBudget Waiver Recommends:
- Make sure there are correct estimates of what services are needed and how many people will use them, as more people are needing support every year.
- Make sure there is enough money to move people off the iBudget Waiver waitlist. The waitlist should be reduced by 10% each year.
- Increase the rates that direct service providers are paid for all Personal Support iBudget Waiver services.
Campaign Materials to Share
Legislative Platform Summaries
Preserve the iBudget Waiver:
- Preserve the iBudget Waiver (Easy-Read PDF)
- Preserve the iBudget Waiver — Spanish (Easy-Read PDF)
- Preserve the iBudget Waiver (PDF)
- Preserve the iBudget Waiver — Spanish (PDF)
Supported Decision Making:
- Talking points (PDF)